Love is a guidance system, not a desire. Love does not seek satisfaction for now or for everlasting; love receives satisfaction with self-respect when void of ulterior motive, and desires can produce the following:
• disappointments and anger when they do not materialize,
• disregard for what or who is present,
• sadness to people who suffer the transgressions of desire,
• conflicts with other desires (within self or among others),
• the desire for direction when choosing among desires,
• prerequisite desires (steps) to satisfy a desire,
• desire when another desires us to desire,
• desire when the pursuit of a desire is perceived by others as a direction for themselves,
• misjudgments thru rationalizing our desires and
• dissatisfaction when desire trains us and chains us to 'desire, reward desire, desire'.
The accumulation of days motivated by desire can inherit a lifetime of receiving and giving disappointments, conflicts, misjudgments, sadness, anger, disregard, and dissatisfaction. Even the desire to optimize everyone's life can receive and give the negative consequences of desire.
If we know not what we have not, we want not;
If we know what we have not, we want;
If we know not what we have, we want;
If we know what we have, we want not.
Beware of forgotten desires; they can emerge.